Lots of people have been doing this year in review and I figured I better get in on it before the next year is over and I have to review that! So here goes:
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Went to Las Vegas
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, but this year, as usual, I want to lose some weight, eat more intersting thing, and scrap more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of my husband's colleagues (or their wives) did. A couple of friends from the CKMB
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me, no. A couple of people from our church died this year but I didn't know them well.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA and Mexico are other countries I visited this year. Also other parts of Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No one date stands out. There were many good moments and memorable ones: seeing my dd on stage , being on stage myself with the Moncton Chorale, meeting friends in different places, meeting Jules for the first time, spending a week with my middle dd in Mexico.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Performing Handel's Messiah with the Chorale and the NB Symphony Orchestra and loving every moment of it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Can't think of one big one! There were probably a lot of little ones though.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than the "normal" things, no illness. No new injuries, though an old one has begun to bother me Soreness froma sprained thumb I did about 23 years ago!)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Maybe the GST reciever I bought for my dh for Christmas. I really surprised him with that!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Various people in my community who have come together to support all sorts of charitable projects, people in need, etc., even though we are suppossed to be a "have not" area. People always come through.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Well, since, as a Canadian, I refuse to comment on another country's administration and the problems it has (enough said!), I will say the opposition parties in our own pariament, who brought down the government after only 17 months and forced us to have an election in January, in Canada - what were they thinking!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably scrapbook supplies and trips for scrapbooking events.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same
iii. richer or poorer? probably about the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Scrapped and exercised.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worried.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent Christmas at home and went to my Brother-inLaw's new house for Christmas dinner.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Still with the same old guy!
23. How many one-night stands?
Not for me!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
CSI Las Vegas, followed by any other CSI or CSI-like show, Law and Order, etc.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think I hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read? This year? Probably the Secret Life of Bees or The Time Traveller's Wife
28. What did you want and get? Not sure
30. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't watch many films. Maybe Harry Potter
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 52 and I don't remember what I did. It was way back in March for goodness sakes and I'm 52!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Can't think of anything.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Does it fit? Is it comfortable?
34. What kept you sane?
My friends, scrapbooking.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Responses to the hurricane disasters. The silly election.
37. Who did you miss?
No-one really. I miss that Kip and Jules aren't on the CKMB any more because I don't always have time to visit them other places.
38. Who was the best new person (people) you met?It was wonderful to meet some people in real life I hadn't met before other than on line: Jules, Anne, Linda come to mind. It was also wonderful to meet the family of a friend I had also met on line and in real life, when they came to visit me.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:Take each day as it comes along and try not to worry so much about what other people think.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Well, now you see, I can never remember lyrics unless I hear the music, so I can't answer this right now. Maybe I'll think of something later. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to pass them along! Or maybe..."I get by with a little help from my friends"
Off to do some scrapbooking...Pam