Friday, March 31, 2006
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Since 2003 I have been a member of the Creating Keepsakes Message Board and since that time I have made many friendships with people on the board and have met several in person. Despite the distances that seperate us in "real life", many have become good friends, especially the group that call ourselves the "Early Birds", meeting to talk about our days, our joys and our problems each morning. Some from Australia and New Zealand join us in their evening hours. Recently the CKMB has launched a new board format, while, though it has its advantages for some, lacks the simplicity and the means to sub-post (answer an individual's answer to you or to another, which makes the posting seem more like a conversation) that the original board did. In honour of the "old board", we are having a farewell party on March 23, and I decided to post some pictures of various board members (especially EBs) that I have had a chance to meet.
From top to bottom:
1. Acopy of a copy so I think it's lost a bit in translation but... agroup at CKU-WDW in june 2003, my first CKU and my first meeting with fellow CKMBers. Top row: Janis (JTCalypso), Audrey (Lighthouses). Cindy (Cindyrella), Jan (Jamming Jan); front row: me, Chrissy (UFScrapper), Amanda (Mandalinn)
2. Janet (Planet) and me in a scrapbook store in New Jersey (April 2004, I do have a picture somewhere with my eyes open!)
3. A silly supper picture at CKU Boston (July 2004) (Anita S, Kathy A, Holly L, Janet K, and me),
4. Karen's BBQ during CKU-Boston (I didn't have an unscrapped picture of this, so here's the 6x6 page: backrow: Rebecca (BEARGAL1), Karen (KarenLouWhoo), Kathy (AKathy, Kellee (Kellee); middle row: Lori (Luvmygirls), Sandra (SandraGS), Lauren (addictedtoscrapping), Gail (VTScrapper); front row: Pam (Pam in Moncton, i.e me), Janet (Planet)
5. Linda (tadcrafty) and me at CKU-M in Nashville (June 2005)
6. Anne (3Dog Mom) and me just before CKU in Nashville
7. Jules and me at Memories Expo in Orlando (October 2005)
8. Gail, her husband David and daughter Kelsey and me at an Indian restaurant in Moncton (December 2005)
Sunday, March 12, 2006
I, my husband, my daughter Alix, and her friend from school and drama, Alex, have just returned from almost a week in NYC where we saw 2 musicals (Wicked and Spamalot) which were wonderful and did lots of other things too. I thought I'd put a few picures up from our trip.
Left to right, top to bottom they are: Alex and Alix on a street off of Broadway, the view from our hotel window, a view of NYC at night from Top of the Rock (Rockafeller Center), Alex "reading the news" during the NBC studios tour, a view of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry, Alix eating her cupcake from the Magnolia Bakery in Greenwich Village (as in Sex and the City), the interior of St. Paul's Chapel, where many rescue and recovery workers after 9/11 were taken in and taken care of for over a year (many worthwhile and touching exhibits here), the four of us in a horse-drawn carriage in Central Park, Alix and friends bargaining for designer stuff from a vender in Battery Park, the spoils: Channel glasses, Rolex watches, Louis Vuiton bags all for suspiciosly low prices...hmm...wonder where they come from...( we met friends from Moncton for a day of double-decker bus touring and cheap shopping), Alix in the modern art wing of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, part of the stage of Wicked that we saw on a behind the scenes tour, one of the 3 actors who spoke with us on the tour. We later saw him on stage as Dr. Dilamont and also Elphaba's father.
We had a wonderful time and I see many scrapbook pages to make!
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Okay, so I haven't posted here for almost a month! I was on what you might call the Olympic Break. I was much more interested in watching the doings of the Canadian and other athletes in the Winter Olympics than sitting at my computer and typing away. I'm happy to report that they came home with 24 medals, the best ever, and tonight I will be seeing one of them as Russ Howard, who was part of the gold medal Canadian curling team, lives in Moncton and will be honored at our major junior hockey game tonight, as well as many other times over the near future I'm sure. Anyway, since the Olympics I have had a headache (unrelated I'm sure) and haven't spent much extra time on the computer either. I have been scrapping (while watching TV) and will report on that in my "Layouts" blog. On Friday I am off to New York City with my husband, daughter, and a friend of my daughter's. Should be fun as we have tickets to two musicals, Spamalot and Wicked, as well as a backstage tour of Wicked. The kids are in drama and have acted in the school musicals so this will be a real treat for them (and us). I'll report on that trip when I get back. Meanwhile, here's a picture of my daugheter and her frinends at the joint birthday party 3 of them had at our house at the beginning of February. This is the one from her digital camera, which wasn't working quite right but I think I have a better one on film. Still, a cute bunch aren't they. It was so much fun to have them. Some played the piano, some guitars, meanwhile other music was coming from the CD player. My daughter is the one in front with dark hair, pink dress and beige sweater.