Saturday, January 13, 2007

Some scenes from FAME

Our daughter is in the chorus for a production of Fame put on by students from 6 area high schools, the first time the schools had done such a thing together. It has turned out to be a wonderful production. Here are just a few pictures from it. The first is an opening number "Pray" where the students are all hoping their auditions got them into the school. Then there are a couple of pictures from "Hard Work" where the students start their high school years at the School for Performing Arts and learn that hard work is required in the desciplines of drama, music and dance. Alix is in the yellow shirt and striped overalls. Then some dancers, my daughter Alix in her role as Shadie Sadie the lunch lady, who ends up dancing with the students. Then Carmen sings about being famous in "There She Goes" and "Fame", a number called "I want to make magic" where they are all in different theatrical costumes. Alix wore her dress from "A Night Like no Other" Next dancer Mabel sings about her woes about becoming a dancer and not being able to keep her weight down (she likes to eat). A scenes from Shakespeare class and finally graduation (songs are "I Sing the Body Electric" and "Bring on Tomorrow") and the finale "Fame". My husband and I helped to make the giant light-up letters that form the FAME sign. It is a marvelous show and the students made loads of friends from the other schoools doing it.




























































































2 comments:

Kelly Fowler said...

Pam ~ these are amazing. I wish I could've seen it!!

Ruth.E said...

Wow, that is just excellent. I love the photos. Great job on that, not easy I would think. the letters are brilliant.
Ruth