Monday, July 17, 2006

Tubing



I have discovered a new joy...tubing! While on a weekend away with my husband and a group of friends at a fishing camp (really nice fishing camp, okay...I don't do roughing it), a group of us, five women decided to try tubing down the river on Saturday afternoon. Some had done it before. The owner of the lodge called this guy who came to get us and took us up river and supplied us with big tubes, including an extra one that he helped us rope a life jacket in the middle of, and then a small cooler was roped to that and set on the life jacket. The rope was wrapped all around this middle tube and we all had a bit to hang onto so we would stay together. It was so much fun! Very relaxing, just floating down the river for about an hour and a half, chatting, looking around at nature and the different fishing "pools" where people from our group had been fishing, drinking our bottled drinks from the cooler and enjoying the sunny afternoon. I decided if I had a handy river and a way to get upstream I could do that a couple of times a week! The picture is one my husband took of us as we were arriving back at the camp.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yep, that's just how I remember it. I could definately try that again. Especially in this heat we are having now! Glad you had a good time.
Maria